Friday, December 21, 2012

Lessons I have learned from teenagers

"When he was not yet my crush, I never noticed how often he would text me.  But now, when he stopped texting me, I suddenly had a crush on him and misses him.  It's okay, I HAVE MOVED ON."  These words were the coming from a 15-year-old daughter of a girl friend of mine.   How I wish I would have the same attitude as this teenager, wherein I can just easily move on and shrug off things after any hurts and untoward events in my life.  

I wondered how a teenager can easily say these words, "I have moved on."  I tried to look back to my teenager years, but due to memory gap (he he he) I barely remember most of my teenage years.  Remembering a few crazy things i have done during teenage years, I realized life was less complicated then.   I only wanted to be an adult when I was a child but now, I am an adult, I am learning from the teenagers :)  I remember only playing dolls and robots (yeah I did, my brother was a Voltes V addict) and never worrying about any pains or hurts except the physical pain that I might get from playing.  Life as a teenager then was so easy.



Now, as an adult, i learn from the young ones - teenagers who live a carefree life.  From them I learned...

1.  Do not make life complicated.  Stay cool.  Everything will come to pass.  Move on, it's easy!

   

2.  Be thankful, even for the broken heart. Yeah!

3.  Say what you mean and mean what you say.  Just like that.  No adds or subs.  Simply and plainly say it.


4.  Friends are important.  Take care of your relationships with your friends.

and lastly..... 


5.  Be T.A.N.G.A. T-otoo A-kong N-agmamahal sa’yo. G-aano man kasakit A-y titiisin ko. :)  Translated in English as sacrificial love.




No comments:

Post a Comment