Saturday, February 2, 2013

After all this time....



It has been a while since my last blog entry.  I have been busy with the holidays and church service during Christmas here in Dubai.

One highlight of my Dubai Christmas is my first time to attend the nine-day Christmas novena mass alone, yes alone but not lonely.  It has been two years that i have no relationship and for the last four years of my stay here, I have always attended these masses with my ex.  Last year, 2012, I was alone.  Funny, how I felt free and peaceful even sitting alone during the mass and observing different families and couples hugging and holding each other.  There were moments that I shed a  tear or two not because I was sad.  Those were liberating tears.  Tears of memories.  Tears of recollection.

During this novena mass, one thing that I remembered is about repentance.  Fr. Tom, our parish priest, said Repentance is changing your mind and changing your ways. 

Fr. Tom also challenged us to a once a month "be nice day"  wherein we get to choose one day of each month (preferably our birth day) to be nice and not to say any negative things against people for the whole day.  So, there will be 12 months of "no okray day" for me.  February 2 is my second "no okray day or being nice to others day.  I hope i can sustain it until the next Christmas novena mass in 2013.


I have also been busy with my online shop - Ultimate beauty secrets.  This has helped me a lot with additional income to help me raise up my son alone and sustain the dialysis of my mother back home in the Philippines.  Tell you more about my family next time and my online shop. 


After the holidays, this new year brings new hope, new life and new challenges.  Stay with me as I continue to journey life as a single mom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment