Friday, February 22, 2013

Day 2 of Perfect Diet: Thanks for the support!

What's the hardest part of going on a diet?  You get lack of support.  Good thing majority of the six women in our Perfect diet are strong willed and very supportive of each other.  Sadly, one of us had to leave the program because she has a visitor so she can't control eating he he he.

Today is day two.  The hardest part is when people around you do not believe that you can finish the diet program.  When they say negative things and worse, they would laugh at you.  But we came prepared.

Another diet hurdle is the"rumbling stomach".  It really weakens me when I hear my stomach crying for "fooood!".  Sometimes I would just want to nibble on something or just break the diet BUT, NO! I won't.

There may be a lot of obstacles in our diet program, but here's how we handled them. 

How to overcome diet obstacles?
 
 1.  Ignore. How do you ignore your teasers, detractors and unbelievers? By focusing your attention in other things like you mobile phone, your computer or anything that would distract your attention away from  those people, away from their "unsupportive" talks.

2.  Stay focused on your eating schedule.  Aside from keeping a food journal, stay loyal and focused on your schedule.  In Day one, I have posted our perfect plan diet schedule with time and activities.  

3.  Stay away from stress.  Studies show that relieving your stress helps in weight loss.  When I get stressed, I would see myself nibbling on junk foods, tsk tsk tsk.  When you are on a diet.  Stay away from stress!

4.  Calorie counting.  I enjoy counting calories.  Not because the label says "LOW FAT", "NO SUGAR", "ORGANIC", "LOW CALORIES", etc, means it is "really" low in calories.  Learn to check the label at the back of every food product.  In my experience, when there is no nutritional information, chances are,  they are high in calories. Beware!

 5.  Avoid eating out.  Need I say more?


No comments:

Post a Comment