Thursday, July 21, 2016

Almusalita: A high tech way of evangelizing

As Pope Benedict calls for social media presence of Christians on his message during the World Communications day,  “Social Networks: Portals of Truth and Faith; New Spaces for Evangelization”, more and more priests and lay evangelizers are using the social media to spread the word of God.

I have been watching and listening to Bo Sanchez' Preacher in Blue Jeans.  There is also the Kape't Pandasal of Bishop Luis Antonio Tagle.  Even in other countries, a lot of priests are also on social media saying the mass on live notifications and discussing the gospels.

But there is this one program that stands up among them (at least in my opinion).  A month or two ago, I came across this good-looking Argentinian priest :) who speaks fluent Tagalog.  

Fr. Luciano Felloni

I started watching him on Facebook until I became an avid listener.  I would usually go to the FB page of their parish Almusalita.  If he goes on live, he would patiently read each and every comments from his followers.  A lot of the followers are mostly overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) from nearby Asian countries, the middle east to as far as the Bermuda, US, UK and Canada.  He also discusses any questions or issues asked to him by his followers.  He also prays for and blesses the listeners and followers of his program.

Fr. Luciano Felloni is the parish priest of Our Lady of Lourdes in Camarin, Caloocan City, diocese of Novaliches.  He now has a radio program entitle d"Hope for the Heart" every day at 9:30 to 10:30 p.m. (Philippine Time) on Trimedia.



Ever since I started following Almusalita, it has been my literally "almusal" or breakfast as I open almusalita first to listen to Fr. Felloni's gospel sharing, then I continue my morning prayer and scripture.  At night, when I get home, i would usually listen to the recorded live notifications on FB and then continue with my prayer and scripture.

Almusalita has been also my prayer warrior especiallly Fr. Luciano when recently I had to struggle with my insurance approval on a very expensive injections for my radioactive RAI-131 whole body scan.  I messaged Almusalita to pray for me and they did.  Of course, what happened next?  It was approved.  I have now since been discharged from the hospital and I know the Almusalita team has been praying for me.

On heeding the call of Pope Benedict for Christians to be present more on social media, it is not only Fr. Fellonni's task to do but also for us to help in spreading the words of God.  I urge you all to check out he Almusalita FB, click like and share!  

My God bless us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment