Saturday, July 18, 2020

Banana cake and God's provision

Banana muffin & coffee

Today is the start of my working week even if  it's a weekend for everybody here in the UAE.  I slept late last night so it was kind of hard to wake up early.  Rushing to the bus, i found myself carrying only one bag.  I would normally carry one big bag and a small lunch bag.  When i noticed that I did not bring my lunch bag, I immediately looked at my bag to search for my purse and to my surprise again, it was not in the bag.  I went on doing my work while praying.  Lord, I truly trust you that you are enough.  Bless my tummy that I will be able to last the 10-hour duty without food.  Working in a weekend means less staff are on board, so i do not know whom to ask for food or borrow money.  But then I said again, God is enough, let this be my fasting day.  

The first few hours went by and suddenly I got a message from a friend who currently is quarantined in a hotel near Manila airport after flying home from Dubai for good.  She said that the result came back negative and she is free to go just waiting for the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) to give the instruction on how she can go home after five days of staying in a hotel.  She was placed in a  twin-bed room alone, so i asked her what she was doing there.  She said it was her moment of silence with the Lord and Zumba.   I asked her how was the hotel stay.  She told me about the hotel and that she cannot really go out but she had a nice view.  The thing is sometimes they forget to give them food.  Good thing she brought banana cake from Dubai.  She told me that the banana cake sustained her for the whole five days especially those times they are given food late or when they do not like the menu.  Thanks to the banana cake.  I told her truly God provides and He sustained you with a banana cake, how sweet is that?

Few more hours the next shift came.  I haven't eaten breakfast or anything at all.  After one of my colleagues settled, she suddenly offered me something wrapped in an aluminum foil, guess what, yes, it's banana cake.  I took and said thanks to her.  After I kept it for my break, i suddenly realized what I told the Lord in the morning, God is enough.   The moment I trusted that God is enough, the Lord worked on it and  provided for me.  Banana cake saved the day!  

Recalling our Filipino priest here in Dubai saying even with enough can create a lot, I realized today that if we truly trust and settle on the idea that God is enough and surely will provide.

And that's my daily amazing miracle for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment