Friday, July 24, 2020

Single but not ready to mingle

I can still quite recall how my last relationship ended.  Seeing myself crying and begging him to stay but to no avail.  Bargaining for anything just to extend the relationship.  Hoping that he will change his mind and choose me over the other woman.  It had been a nightmare for quite some time.  I can't recall how much it hurts but it did hurt like hell.  I thank God with time my wounds healed not because i had another relationship, but because i chose to be single and to concentrate more on myself.  I am actually a single parent, but that's another story and that is a big factor why I have chosen to be single and not ready to mingle. 

Don't get me wrong.  I am not bitter or anything but let me share five points of why it is better to be single and why is staying single a blessing and should not be a stigma.

1.  Strength in being alone.  


one cup? no problem

Ideally, your romantic partner brings out the best in you.  Have you heard of, "you complete me?"  Well, yeah it's true but only if you as an individual had been made whole before  entering into a relationship.  Being solo or single gives more time for self-awareness, self-mindfulness and self-reflection. Focusing on oneself is not possible with a partner as your attention is divided.   This gives the individual more time on building one's self in every aspect and with  this it builds and creates a stronger person, someone who is strong even alone.  

2. Bring it on

Self sufficiency is the key.  When you are single, there is no other way to go but be independent.  This means, a single person can at any time, anywhere or anyhow accept challenges as they come without considering anybody else.  There is no one to regard every time you needed to take a step towards your dream.  There is no one to hinder the things that you love to do.   Being single means journeying through adventures and taking that risk.  This means, more risk, more chances of achieving more dreams and more ambition.   You can just tell life, bring it on and take that challenge and be carefree.
Take that challenge

3. Friends more than romance

Friends more than romance
If you are single, you can have more friends and enjoy more moments with different people.  And because you are not attached romantically to anybody, you can practically go out with a lot of friends or know and meet more people.  Also, single people tend to stick more with good friends and even with family.

4. Creative experts

washi tape for crafting

Since a single person has more time to be alone and more time to be mindful,  this gives room to exercising the brain's ability to be creative, and best is if a single person devotes time to craft and art or musical instruments, more time to practice and more time for mastery.   When I ended my last relationship, i soaked myself with crafting, post card collection, bead making, even studying guitar which I did not fully prosper, maybe again soon.

5. I, me and myself


Alone but not lonely

Single but not ready to mingle.  Being single and not having a romantic relationship is a blessing.  You may not be ready to jump in a relationship now but do not worry.  Give yourself time to love you.  Enjoy the alone moment.  Make yourself whole again.  Give all that broken pieces to the divine creator, our God, our true lover.

Single but not ready to mingle?  No problem!

God bless everyone reading this.

No comments:

Post a Comment