Monday, November 16, 2015

First Thyrogen injection: Step 3 to Radioactive Iodine treatment

I came early to the ENT clinic today for my Thyrogen injection.  Guess what? The original presciption of the Thyrogen is missng and Pharmacy refused to release the Thyrogen kit without the original prescription.  After waiting and praying,  the beautiful nurse from ENT called me to collect my Thyrogen kit. So i came running and took the kit from the Pharmacy and went back to the clinic for my injection.

The Thyrogen is in powdered form  kept in a vial.  This has to be mixed with saline to be ready for injection.  A little warming for the solution and the target has been set - the buttocks!  Waaaah.

Yes, Thyrogen is meant to be injected in the gluteus muscle (buttocks).   Thanks to my caring nurse it did not hurt much. I had to stay for 10 more minutes in the procedure room before they had to let me go.  After that, i went back to work normally.

Tomorrow, i will visit the clinic early to get my second Thyrogen injection.  I will come earlier because after the injectioni will be admitted for the RAI.


No comments:

Post a Comment