Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Ablation Day: Step 5 RAI

I am now in the ablation room ohee American Hospital Dubai.  After my second dose of Thyrogen earlier, this is it.  Three hours after the last dose of Thyrogen, bloods were extracted.

About 3:15 p.m. i took the RAI tablet. It is a white tablet sealed in a gray bucket all lead covered (see picture)  There is a tube like straw that the technician puts in the bucket to pick up the tablet.  But when picking up the tablet, i had to do it myself as the technician had to stay far away from me.

So i picked up the tube and put the other end of the tube in my mouth with tablet sliding through the tube to my mouth and with water i pushed it down my stomach. The dose was 105.2 mCi.

Dr. Yang, the technician and the nurse were all outside my room.
I was instructed to lie down for 10 minutes to measure my radiation level.

The level was 163 uSV wohoooo....

No comments:

Post a Comment