Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Post ablation whole body scan: The final step.

After one week from my RAI treatment, today I came back early morning to the Nuclear Medicine Department to have my post ablation scan.  I came early at 8:00 a.m.  I actually came earlier than the patient relation staff :).  When she came, I registered and paid the copay as this is insurance covered and I just had to pay for 5% of the total price.  I paid about 49 AED.  Then, I went to the PET/CT scan room.  I was given a gown to change.  removing the bra but keeping the panty on.  I was lead to the machine.  It was a huge machine.  I had to lie still on a very narrow bed.  I was strapped with cloth to prevent unnecessary movement.  First, the whole body scan and the last 20 minutes was the neck only scan.  It pays to memorize your prayers, as I was able to say my rosary, hail holy queen and memore.  I also sang few worship songs of course in my mind.  Then, had a conversation with God.  During the first part my heart was racing as i was covered with a plate about 2 inches or less away from my face.  I was catching my breath while hearing the technician saying, don't move, stay still.  As I continue my conversations with God, I slowly come to relaxation.  I kept my eyes closed by once in a while would open them.  This is the final stage of thyroid cancer treatment.  I praise God for the healing.  Now I am free!  I only have to maintain my levels and make sure that the cancer does not come back.  Fight like a girl!

 After the WBS, asked permission to take a selfie
The PET/CT

No comments:

Post a Comment