Friday, September 11, 2015

After hemithyroidectomy

I was brought to my room after the recovery.  I was awake but really groggy.  It made me feel at home when I saw the people i know after i woke up.  I am living alone in Dubai without any family, but the feeling of familiarity made me feel home.  I am so blessed and thankful to have my friends around me.  When i reached my room, i told the nurse that i wanted to urinate.  She was surprised that among all the patients they handled with the same surgery, I had the fastest recovery, that is getting back the kidney function immediately after recovery.  I went  back to bed and slept for awhile.  After a few hours, the nurse told me to try to sip water.  I reclined and tried sipping water.  Unfortunately, I choked.  Clear fluids made me choke.  They said it was because of the dryness caused by the endotracheal intubation to protect the airway during a general anesthesia.  After every few hours, I kept taking liquids but to no avail.  I never wanted to eat or take anything because i was afraid it might choke me again.  At night, i tried with hot tea with the suggestion of the nurse, which helped a lot.  I was able to ingest hot tea, jello and soup.  I did have some choking events but it was lesser then.

 With Marvin and Dhes, the first two people I saw when i was brought to the room after recovery
 Tita Yolly, more than a nurse, more than a friend
 Dhes and Marvin
Me with my JP drain ha ha ha

Top 5 discomforts I had after my hemithyroidectomy

1.  Choking on fluids
2.  Hoarse voice
3.  Discomfort sleeping on flat
4.  Pain
5.  Unsightly wound

Currently, i am still recuperating.  A little bit of hoarse voice.  A little bit of discomforts.  In God's time i will be well, will be stronger and healthier to know, love and serve God....

No comments:

Post a Comment