Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Taking pleasure from God more than ALDUB Part 1




The Aldub fever has infected millions of people worldwide (proven by the social media chaos, imagine 25.6 million tweets from all over the globe?).  It has been an instant phenomenon not only in the Philippines but worldwide.  Millions of people are going crazy with the Aldub love team because of the feeling that we get from watching them.

With all these excitement and pleasure about Aldub's love story, i have been wondering if it was God tangibly present on our television sets or right in front of us, how would we react?

Where is God?

I was watching on You Tube about a commentary on the Hajj stamped in Mecca,
the lump that turned out as Ca
Saudi Arabia recently that killed at least 769 pilgrims.  This Arabic-looking guy doing the commentary boldly said that there is no God because if there was a God, then there won't be any deaths in Mecca.

In moments of sufferings and anxiety, we tend to deny the existence of God, the existence of one Supreme being who created heaven and earth and everything in it.  
I never had any moment of denial of God's existence but I too got my share of hardened heart wherein my perception of a Supreme Being is overshadowed to the point of asking where is God?  

After my diagnosis of thyroid cancer, I had a moment of silence with the Lord but all i heard was, "share my suffering, share my cross."  It was difficult for me to agree.  Share your cross? Are you kidding, Lord?  This is the moment that i could not feel a single pleasure or not an iota of feeling that God is beside me.  The moment when i just felt numb.  That where-is-God moment!

Finding God?

Finding God? Yes, it's a question.  I asked because there was actually no need for me to find God.  He has been there all along, all the time.  God never left my side in those times i never felt Him.  God was there waiting to be acknowledged.  He was there when the doctors found the nodule.  He was there when I was operated.  He was there when I received the "bomb" and he was there when I was crying out to him.  All I ever needed to do was to reach out to him.  Respond back to his longing for me and find pleasure once again from Him.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment