Thursday, September 17, 2015

How to encourage cancer patients?

Ever since the "bomb" was dropped on me, I have been receiving tons and tons of love and encouragement from bff (best friends forever), CF (close friends, not so close friends, colleagues, regular friends, boss and my sisters in the community where i belong, the Couples for Christ Handmaids of the Lord.

Most of my friends cried with me.  How sweet...ayyyyy.  This means that they are emphatic more than having sympathy on me.  Some started crying before me ha ha ha.  I received lots of hugs and encouraging messages.  I also received a lot of flowers and food.  Yes, food.  They all want me to regain back the strength to be ready for the next surgery and for the radioactive treatment.  

JUST BEING THERE!  You do not need to say something.  I do not expect you to cry.  I do not want yo to be stressed.  Just be there for me.  Touch me, yes touch me because I need all the warmth at this time of my life.  Hug me, that is better because i need all the comfort in this time of  uncertainty.  Remind me, yes remind me to be strong but do not show me you are weak for i might also get weaker.  Accompany me as i might not really want to be alone at this time.  Give me space also to be alone that i may rethink and talk to my God, but never ever make me feel that I am alone.  I am so blessed to have friends and people who are very encouraging and very loving.

those eyes ha! ha! ha!

FLOWERS.  Oh i love the colors of  flowers.  I love it when they give me flowers.   It warms my heart and i feel so special (because I'm sick, ha ha ha).

From my Medical Records family

CARDS, TEXT, CHAT or any MESSAGES that could uplift a sick person.  Today, i received a card from my colleagues and a text message from my boss saying:

Dear Lorelie, no sickness can keep you down with our prayers.  I always have been taught to rise after every fall, hence now it is time for you to rise out of your sickness and fly high.  Warmest wishes.  Get well soon.

PRAYERS.  And the most important of all is prayer.  I think i gained my courage to fight against thyroid cancer is the prayers of those people who care for me.  These prayers are like wings that lift me up from being down.  Prayers as we believe can move mountains.  Have faith and believe in miracles.


Indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment