Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Preparing for my low iodine diet

In few weeks' time, I will be having my radioactive iodine treatment.  Before this, I have to eat a low-iodine diet.  I have been searching and researching about LID or low-iodine diet.  I have through many websites and some are contradicting.  So, I gathered most of what i have read and came up with my own personal LID do's and dont's.  But there is one very helpful site the thyca.org with recipes that I will be trying soon.

LOW IODINE DO NOT EAT!!

1. Seafoods.
2. Milk and dairy.
3. Milk chocolate
4. Egg yolks
5. Cheese

LOW IODINE ALLOWED FOOD

1.  Pasta and rice.
2.  Camote and potatoes
3.  All fresh fruits and vegetables
4. Unsalted nuts
5.  Fresh meats

For flavoring, I will be using rock salt and different herbs and spices.

No comments:

Post a Comment