Friday, October 9, 2015

The visit is over

It's my fifth day postoperative.  It is also the last day for Our lady of Guadalupe's visit in our flat.  For 26 days, we said novenas and rosaries for all our intentions and the intentions of others.  It has been a great blessing teaching us to pray and to wait on the Lord.  Learning how to depend on God and asking for favors through Mama Mary.

According to Catholic online:

Our Lady of Guadalupe - Guadalupe, Mexico (1531)
Patroness of the Americas
Feast Day in the USA - December 12th
The opening of the New World brought with it both fortune-seekers and religous preachers desiring to convert the native populations to the Christian faith. One of the converts was a poor Aztec indian named Juan Diego. On one of his trips to the chapel, Juan was walking through the Tepayac hill country in central Mexico. Near Tepayac Hill he encountered a beautiful woman surrounded by a ball of light as bright as the sun. Speaking in his native tongue, the beautiful lady identified herself:
"My dear little son, I love you. I desire you to know who I am. I am the ever-virgin Mary, Mother of the true God who gives life and maintains its existence. He created all things. He is in all places. He is Lord of Heaven and Earth. I desire a church in this place where your people may experience my compassion. All those who sincerely ask my help in their work and in their sorrows will know my Mother's Heart in this place. Here I will see their tears; I will console them and they will be at peace. So run now to Tenochtitlan and tell the Bishop all that you have seen and heard."

Our lady of Guadalupe image

My fifth day post completion thyroidectomy has been uneventful.  I was able to eat a normal diet, well actually more than normal - chicken, noodles, rice, fish, veggies and rice cakes. he he he  I praise and thank God for the continuous healing that I am experiencing.  Fighting until the end.  Fighting for victory.


No comments:

Post a Comment