Monday, October 12, 2015

One week post completion thyroidectomy

I just came from my checkup after one week of completion thyroidectomy.  It's a good news for my histopathology of the left thyroid is negative of cancer.  Praise God.  The next step will be the RAI or radioactive treatment.  Hopefully, injectables will be approved by the insurance.

Dr. Carmelo was so happy of the result.  He also said, "you have a lot of friends."  He also said that it is important to have a lot of friends for support.

He also discussed with me the preparation before RAI.

What to do before RAI?

1.  Five weeks before, all medicines will be stopped.
2.  Low Iodine diet, so no seafoods!
3.  Expect weakness and tiredness because the drugs have been stopped.

During the RAI, i will be inpatient for three days with all the amenities in the hospital including wifi so he told me to bring my gadgets.

The stitches have been removed and I feel well.  Actually, gained weight ha ha ha.


No comments:

Post a Comment